Happiness, Hope, Heath & Halicki… <3
Y’all, this pregnancy thing is NO JOKE! I have heard not only from my mom, sister, close friends & all the books I’m currently reading, that during the first trimester you are, “significantly more tired than before.” That is a COMPLETE understatement! My goodness, I could fall asleep just sitting here typing this. I LOVED sleep before, but now…. I LOVVVEEEEE sleep! Like really. Oh & naps, I haven’t taken naps since college… until now.
Watching movies, shows, reading.. it’s very questionable on if I’ll make it though the first 10 minutes. It’s kind of a game now for my husband to see how long I can last. haha..
If this is anything you are experiencing I have found a few little remedies that have helped me make it through the day, without falling asleep at my desk, talking to someone or while sitting at a red light on my way home. I almost feel like I have narcolepsy. I know that is a serious condition, but in all seriousness… bystanders may think that is what you have, until you have a bump.
- Take a walk. — I take just a quick little walk downstairs to get a water, smoothie, or just fresh air. This boosts my energy level & helps me to last a least another two hours before I start on the downhill again.
- Eat a snack. — During your first trimester, you really don’t need to be eating extra calories, so what I’ve been doing is snacking throughout the day. Mixed nuts, a cup of popcorn, protein bar/shake, apple sauce or fruit.
- Exercise. — Yep, that’s right. When at work, I will close my door, drop down & do push-up’s, planks or body squats. Once again, it’s that little boost of energy to help me out. (Fingers crossed no one walks in!)
- Drink Water. — I love bottled water, I don’t know why but I just do. I order a 24 pack of Smartwater for the month & refill the bottle throughout the day. I have always been a water drinker, I don’t like soda, tea or energy drinks. So drinking water & now more than usual, has been pretty easy for me. However, giving up wine was a very sad day. (I’ll explain more about this in an upcoming blog!)
- Music. — I’ve had to find a couple of songs that grab my attention & make me want to S.I.N.G! Otherwise, I would not be able to make it home from work or even the grocery store. So I’ve compiled my top songs that will at least get me from one place to another!
- Top Songs:
- Rihanna – Dancing In The Dark ; super fun & great workout song!
- Whitney Houston – I Wanna Dance With Somebody.
- Noah Cyrus – Stay Together.
- Kygo – First Time.
- Allie X – That’s So Us.
- Ellie Goulding – Still Falling For You.
- BORNS – Electric Love.
Enjoy! XO, Kate