There is nothing better when it comes to seasons than Fall. The beautiful leaves changing, the crisp air, pumpkins on everyone’s door step, scarves, & oh so much more!
For October I decided to pulled together & share my FIVE FALL FAVORITES for you all! These are activities that I genuinely love doing each year in Dallas since I’ve lived here. Either with friends, just my husband or with family.
- Dallas Arboretum & Botanical Gardens – A unique experience with over 90,000 pumpkins, & this year creating “The Adventures in Neverland.” If this doesn’t already strike your fancy, check out their website or images online, it’s amazing what they create each year with pumpkins! – You can buy admission tickets at the door or online.
- State Fair of Texas – Each year my family comes in & we all go together & get a Fletcher’s Corn Dog, & try at least of the Big Tex Food Winners. This year, we are interested in trying the “Most Creative” winner, the Cotton Candy Taco! – You can buy admission tickets at the door or online.
- Dallas Farmers Market – Fall brings in all sorts of fresh produce! We love going to taste-test & just walk around the little shops. – There is not an admission fee, unless you decide to take a pottery class, etc.
- White Rock Lake – Bike, Run, Jog, Walk, Stroll, Skip, Row… the possibilities for outdoor activities/fitness are endless! Once the air is crisp, WRL is perfect for getting outdoors & not having a heatstroke!
- Outdoor Restaurants – I don’t know about you, but during the Spring & Summer, eating outside with the bugs just isn’t fun for me. I would much rather sit outside bundled up with leaves falling, ashes floating around me from a warm fire or snow falling than to have an irritating mosquito or fly lingering around my legs & food. So, here are my top favorite restaurants to sit outside during the Fall.
Each of these restaurants have great bits, beers, & seating outdoors to enjoy any day of the week!
Enjoy!! ~XO, Kate