From small town to big city, one major perk is that there are unlimited restaurants for breakfast, date night, brunch, coffee, yogurt, you name it – it’s here! About two years ago, Paul & I decided to make it a point as our “New Year Resolution” to try new restaurants a couple times a month for our Date Night. Not only has this expanded our “go-to” places, it has allowed for us to try new food, wine & explore the surrounding areas of Dallas. It’s a fun concept for us, because it not only allows us to venture out on things we would not normally try but it stops the whole “what do you want for dinner,” “I don’t care, what do you want” nonsense…
Whether you are local or just visiting, I have compiled a few of my favorite restaurants + those that we are eager to try!
Enjoy & let me know what you think!! ~XO, Kate
- The Common Table – One of the first places Paul took me to in Dallas, it is now a regular. For dessert, try the “Temptress” – a bourbon milkshake made right.
- HG Supply Co. – It can be challenging to look at this menu & order within 5 minutes. But, I can say, anything you order – you will love! My go-to is the pulled pork tacos!
- TJ’s Seafood Market – On my list! Stay tuned!!
- Pecan Lodge – If you like BBQ, this little spot is perfect year round // & it’s perfect to order for parties too!
- Twisted Root Burger Co. – The Verde is my go-to.
- Le Bilboquet – Eggs Florentine with coffee… or prossecco!
- Hattie’s – Paul is a carb lover. Which is great for him… not so much for me. However, you cannot go here & leave without getting their Four-Cheddar Mac & Cheese. Roll me out.
- Fearing’s Restaurant – Known for his tortilla soup, so totally get that.
- Bolsa or Bolsa Mercado – Any restaurant that garnishes my meal or cocktail with flowers, is a winner in my book.
- Saint Ann – Our favorite table is half inside & half outside. You won’t be disappointed if you order the crab cakes or 12 Hour Cochinita to start!
- Al Biernat’s – Start with a glass of champagne & then steak… steak all the way.
- Gemma – Is truly a gem. Open until 1 A.M. So, when you really are having those “What do you want to eat?” moments – just go here. The food, wine list & service is phenomenal.
- Dallas Water Grill – Waiting for this one! Stay tuned!!
- Sushi Bayashi – Best sushi places in Dallas – voted by me.
- Emporium Pies – No contest here…
- Cake Bar – One of each please!
- Kate Weiser – Trinity Groves Location: sit & sip a cappuccino while you browse the many flavors of bonbons & other goodies on Kate’s menu!
** cute little pencils are from InklingsPaperie on Etsy: 12 for $8.00